If you encounter a problem, or something doesn't work as it should, you can visit the Martini support page in order to access product resources, and get in touch with the community and support team. From this page, you can:
- Visit Martini's Knowledge Base in order to learn more about commonly encountered issues and solutions;
- contact us via live chat for urgent concerns;
- communicate with fellow developers via the Community Q&A section
Before reporting a new bug
To save time, before reporting a bug please consider doing the following first, which might help resolve the problem.
- Try to reproduce the bug using the latest release of the software, to see whether it has already been fixed
Search our Knowledge Base to see if the bug or a similar bug has already been reported. If a relevant bug report is found, it might have helpful information, such as the following:
- The release in which the bug was fixed
- A workaround for the bug
- Explanation of the circumstances that cause the bug to happen
Reporting a bug
If you would still like to report a bug, follow the steps below:
- Visit the support request page. To access this page, you will have to log in to your Marketplace account.
In the form, populate the following fields:
- Requester: a valid email address so we can contact you.
- Subject: a brief, yet descriptive summary of the issue.
Description: full details of the issue.
This should include the following bits of information:
- The series of actions that led to the occurrence of the issue, what you were expecting, and what actually happened instead
- Relevant log messages
- Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
- Software version
- Hardware details if applicable
Attach a file: any files that can help us understand the issue better.
These files can be any of the following:
- Resources that can be used in order to reproduce the issue (e.g. Martini package, service)
- Related configuration files
- Screenshot, video, or GIF
- Support zip
Ensure no confidential data is included or shown in any of the attached files.
Click on the Submit button.
Please be as informative as possible when reporting a bug!
When reporting a bug, please provide as much information as you can so our support team and developers can address your issue immediately and/or work on releasing a fix as soon as possible.
Exporting a support zip from Martini Desktop
When reporting bugs related to Martini Desktop, it is often useful to provide a support zip to make it easier for the development team to analyze and fix the issue. It can be done through the steps below:
- Click on the Help menu in the main menu bar, then click Create Support Zip.
- A dialog will appear to let you configure what should be included in the support zip.
- Click OK and then choose where the file should be saved.
- Click Save.